Saturday, August 2, 2014

My MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written Experience

I know my MRCP part 2 experience suppose to be posted here but I forgot,So here I would like to write my experience ( MRCP Part 2 written).


Time taken : approx 11 weeks


Materials Used: Passtest online 
2/3 rd of Offline Onexam and MKSAP16 ( cardiology,gastro,neuro,Nephrology,Oncology,Critical care)
For pictorial questions I used American academy of ophthalmology website(they have excellent collection of Fundoscopic plates)
Radiopedia ,for cxr,ct,Mri,DSA.
Dermnet NZ website for skin conditions .
Don't neglect images as they almost comprise approx 40 qs,and they play an important role in pass or fail.

I have worked in CCU so I really didn't have to go through any book for EKG,but for easy understanding of EKG you may wana refer Lifeinfastlane website.its an excellent free source of important EKG seen in daily life practice.


Final Verdict: 661 (passing score was 425)


What you should do:- revise ,revise and revise .that's the golden rule.stick with limited resources and try to know in and out of that .Pastest fits the bill nicely and it's closest thing to the exam.


What you shouldn't do:- overthinking is highly injurious for your health  
When you are in exam hall stop thinking that it's easy qs and it can't be the answer( you know very well what I am talking about;-)
Go with your hunch coz informations are in your subconscious mind and your brain tries to tell you that this is correct answer( and we call it gut feeling aka Hunch).
Minimize your resources if you can.


We all try to do as many question we can but important thing is to understand the core concepts,if you don't know the reason Behind doing MRV in pseudo motor tumor cerebrl ,I am afraid you won't be able to get it correct in exam ,because Royal college always twist the qs and one line can change the whole scenerio. So beware.
Don't use big text books ,coz this is MRCP Exam and here you need to to know concise and recent guideline sometimes recent as 2013.
Online qbank does the job.


I will end this long experience here with this message.

" life is complex and life of a physician is more complex.what can we do about this???? Nothing ..... But complaining is not a solution so no matter what are the difficulties in your life never let it become a hindrance between you and your goal,you worked hard for it and sooner or later you are gonna get it .don't get bogged down by critics,let them do their job and you do yours.work in silence and let your success do talking:)"
Best wishes,
Dr.Srivastava


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm attempting my mrcp part 2 in a week's time. Was wondering if you mind sharing ur average scores on pastest prior to the exams? I've been getting on average around 60, but failed to meet the passing mark on the past paper on Pastest and this is making me worried. Would appreciate your insight on this.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm attempting my mrcp part 2 in a week's time. Was wondering if you mind sharing ur average scores on pastest prior to the exams? I've been getting on average around 60, but failed to meet the passing mark on the past paper on Pastest and this is making me worried. Would appreciate your insight on this.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you are on right track ,anything beyond 55 % on both Pastest or onexam may assure you for a passing score. Don't sweat out too much on previous papers passing mark( on average in part 2 ,you need around 145 to 155 Qs out of 270 ) so ,relax and keep revising important areas.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MRCP part2

    Mccee qbank - License Medical offer intensive, comprehensive and totally exam-oriented online courses for professional medical exams that help you to prepare for the

    real exam.

    to get more - http://www.license-medical.com/

    ReplyDelete